With a background in science (B.A. Chemistry, Florida Atlantic University) and medicine (B.S. Medical Technology, The George Washington University), Susan has long recognized the importance of blending science, technology, and holistic healthcare into personal wellness.
Susan does not believe in “one size fits all” fitness programs. She understands that we are all unique and achieve our goals through different methods. She also does not encourage quick fixes – which never work in the long run. Instead, she uses proven programs which build a strong foundation for long term health. Her ongoing quest is to help people navigate their way to better health through a holistic approach to movement and healthy living practices.
Along with her university education, Susan has extensive training in various fields of fitness training and rehabilitation:
- Level 2 CHEK Practitioner and the Level 3 Holistic Lifestyle Coach – Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology (CHEK) Institute
- Certified Pilates Instructor for both Mat and Equipment – The Physical Mind Institute of New York
- Certified to instruct Gait Analysis, Shoulder/Pelvis/Spine Rehabilitation, and management of Scoliosis.
- Certified Personal Trainer Specialist and Pre/Post Natal Trainer – Canadian Association of Fitness Professionals.
- Certified Level 2 Fascial Stretch Therapist – Stretch to Win Institute in Tempe, Arizona. Click here to learn more about Fascial Stretch Therapy.
- Certified Brain Gym® consultant and instructor – The Educational Kinesiology Foundation
- Certified Touch for Health Practitioner and Instructor – International Kinesiology College. Click here to learn more about Touch for Health.
- Certified Postoperative Workout Enhancing Recovery Program Instructor – Pink Ribbon Program.
- Certified TRX Suspension Training Instructor
Susan opened Body Innovations in 2003 after previously working in the fitness industry as a personal trainer and Pilates instructor at other fitness facilities in Guelph. For over ten years, Body Innovations has been recognized as the best Pilates studio in Guelph by the readers of the Guelph Mercury Tribune.